Anyway, onto the recipe and it's a really good one. A few weeks ago I posted a recipe on here for vegan chocolate hazelnut spread, or 'Nutella', and having made a lot of it because it's so good, I thought I'd try using it in a recipe rather than just eating it all out of the jar with a spoon (no regrets). These filled banana muffins were the result. The chocolate hazelnut spread goes so well with the moist banana muffin, especially when eaten warm from the oven. You can also use this recipe without the nutella spread to just bake banana muffins, which are delicious too.
You will need (makes 6):
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup caster sugar (I used Billington's golden caster sugar)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil (solid)
3 tablespoons soya milk
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
chocolate hazelnut spread (recipe)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Mash up the bananas and melt the coconut oil. Combine these together along with the soya milk and vanilla paste.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine together.
- Line a muffin tray with six cases and spoon around 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each case. Add 1 tablespoon of the chocolate hazelnut spread into each case and then add the rest of the banana mixture on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.